a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Worship?

hey this is Emmanuil,

So at the last meeting, we all got "spiritual reading" for the upcoming missions trip. The book that was passed out was The Worshiping Artist by Rory Noland. It was a book that Jillian ranted on about sometimes at ALIVE meetings, which I didnt really pay that much attention. Some of the things she read out of it were kinda cool. But I never really wanted to read it, the cheesy cover didnt help either. So they passed it out and it became mandatory reading last week.

So yesterday i picked it up and started reading the intro and throught the entire first chapter. Let me tell you this: It was awesome! I was super surprised, the chapter began to define what worship was and caught on to me and dragged me through the rest of the chapter, I was soon writing extensive answers to the follow up questions (which is surprising for me). The chapter described what is worship and explained that its not just the half hour you sing on sunday morning, that worship is everything you do! One thing i read that got me super jazzed up, I even underlined in pen! yea thats right i defaced a book! (Even though its mine now) anyway what it said was: "Simply put, worship is our response to the presence of God"-wow that is so cool right? I thought the book would talk about music for most of the time and the other the how its fun to paint while you listen to the Christian rock station. But in fact it is totally about how you respond to God to say that you know that he is there and what you do when you know that.(Don't yell at me, because i know there are other parts to worship.) But it was so cool to read something that I usually would not enjoy reading, a book that is totally "christian" but thats a foolish thing to even say, because its not "Chritian" its real and that is something awesome to read about

Another thing that I just love about this book so far is just how many awesome points it has on certain things. Many times throughout the chapter I started to laugh because of the things that totally matched up to the things I think about and sometimes feel like no body understands. I just love to see the things that I think about alot, just simply stated. Its so great, I answered all the Qs and even started to do the personal action steps, which are pretty sweet. Its something that i love doing because in reading this book, answering these questions, and taking up some of those challange actions is my own way of private worship, amongst other things.

Well, I was pretty excited about this, and when i exprience something cool i like letting it out and telling everyone just like seeing an awesome movie and the next day talking to everyone how cool it was.

Anyways, thanks for reading the post


Emmanuil

1 comment:

  1. love this, E. so glad you are enjoying it and God is speaking through it!
    Worship is SO much more than singing or painting or whatever...its time in His presence...time focused on and devoted to Him.
    love it!

    ReplyDelete