a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hosea: a poetic monologue

Written by: Bethany Gersetich (for The Project: Hosea)

Wrapped up in darkness
Only then was it safe to cry

But you found me where I was crying,
pulled me out of my despair
Took this void, filled it with more
Your love was a promise

I sought others, I turned away
Only then was I alone

But you found me where I was lying
You drove away my solitude
You cured these scars on my heart
Your love was my comfort

I let you take my pain, watched you suffer because of me
Only then could i see

You found me where I was dying
You saved me from my insanity
You restored me.
Your love was my light.

Now I can never leave your side
I can't see any other.
Only You could take me back.

You are love.

No comments:

Post a Comment