a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

still standing!

Hello friends!
i am just in love with this song called "still standing" by Israel Houghton. i posted the link below - and i definitely recommend going to it and just listening. so great. The video is a performance of the song - but at the end he takes a second to explain it and he just makes me smile. :)

part of what he says...
"this is not like - im still standing but i barely made it and had to crawl into the building, but a 'hes taken his best shot, life has poured all it could on me, but i got a bounce-back in my spirit and im STILL standing'. you can't keep a blessed person down!"

i think i am loving it so much because it totally speaks to me in my life right now! we go through all these challenges and hard times and we get frustrated and worn out and tired - but when we actually stop to really look at ourselves, after going through all these things that try us and test us, we realize that not only are we still standing...but God has brought us out stronger than we entered in! how amazing is that??? the world so many times focuses on just getting through, just surviving - but friends, stop for a second or for a lot of seconds and SEE...really take NOTICE of what God is doing in you and how He is growing you. pay attention to what He is doing - because (and i just heard this...im trying to remember where...) "God doesnt just show off. If He's doing something - there's a reason for it." its a beautiful thing...

and these are some of my favorite lyrics...but the whole thing is so good. so listen and enjoy friends! and i just bet you that you will dance...even just a little. :)

If not for Your goodness
If not for Your grace
I don't know where I would be today
If not for Your kindness
I never could say
I'm still standing

If not for Your mercy
If not for Your love
I most likely would have given up
If not for your favor
I never could say
I'm still standing
But by the grace of God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoX4fbStuZc

No comments:

Post a Comment