a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

if we're willing to share...

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before…
But every time we put on a Project, God seems to have us live out the lesson we’re sharing.
Spiritual warfare, faithfulness to Him no matter what…
And now as we get into looking at what God has done.
At the power of the word of our testimony.

I’ve been reading in Acts over the last few weeks – and I’m in Acts 20.
Paul is traveling to all these different places, telling his story – sharing what God has done for Him…
And all along the way the believers he spends time with prophecy that he is going to be bound and captured and he’s going to suffer –
And Paul takes it all saying – I have to go. I have to do God’s will…
And I was just struck by that…he stands up and shares his story over and over again – not always to people who necessarily want to hear it – but he does it. because God wants them to hear it. because he’s so impacted and so aware of what God is doing that he can’t help but share it. and because if he shares it – God will be glorified.
Earlier in the book, Paul is telling the believers about all that God has been doing in one of the cities and it says “they were amazed and glorified God”.
Its not just a story to tell. Its not just something to talk about and impress people with.
Our testimony is hard evidence that God is working. It’s a reminder for us and for others
God’s been speaking to me lately that if we are really willing to share what He’s done…then He’ll give us something to share.
He’s willing to do big things in our lives, He’s willing to show us His power – He just wants to know that all the glory will go to Him.
Because that’s when people are impacted.

Paul did suffer. He suffered because people heard his story and they didn’t like it.
But he shared.
And as the believers warned him of what was to come and were afraid for him –
Paul just said “What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”
It won’t always be easy. It won’t always be fun. but in the sharing of what we’ve seen God do – people will be impacted. We will be impacted and used by God. we will be free of anything the devil will try to do to trip us up – because we know who God is.
We know what He can do.
We know He’s the truth.
And its all worth it.

You yourselves know how I lived among you the whole time from the first day that I set foot in Asia, serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials that happened to me through the plots of the Jews; how I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you in public and from house to house, testifying both to Jews and to Greeks of repentance toward God and of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. And now, behold, I am going to Jerusalem, constrained by the Spirit, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and afflictions await me. But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Acts 21:18-24

-ALIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment