a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

procrastination...

So im feeling God’s pull lately…like “come on, remember what you said you were going to do and never did…??? It still needs to get done!” I am a procrastinator in the worst way and I always have been. And I have definitely lost some momentum that I was feeling, BUT… fortunately - God doesn’t. He doesn’t lose motivation, He doesn’t procrastinate. He stays focused on His plan, on top of every detail…
why? Because its important to Him! Every single part and detail is so important, and deserves His attention.
And while its in MY nature to push things off and plan but never actually do – I know its something that He is calling me to break. At least when it comes to ministry…His vision was never meant to be seen, be excited over– and then put on a shelf with all the other good ideas I had one day but never got around to. No – He shares it because He wants us to be a part of His plan. His plan is perfect and so if He is calling us to something – there’s a reason for it, there is a purpose behind it. Its important to Him…and therefore, should be to us.
The verse “where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” is coming to mind…
it is up to us to accept the call or not. And something that is starting to sink in that is really driving me is the realization that I cant just casually say yes to God. Its not a sure, yeah, that sounds nice, maybe some day…I mean, I could…but it wont do anyone any good.
He cant do anything with a maybe…He’s looking for a “yes, Lord. i give you my life to do with as you will.”
Done. we don’t get to pick and choose…he’s not giving us a book of options and we pick what part we want to live – He has a plan. A specific one and so we just need to answer, and then follow.
Why? Because we love Him and we realize that He is important. That His plan is more important than anything we could possibly be doing instead of what He’s calling us to.
Even when its tedious and seemingly pointless– we need to be praying that He will change our hearts about it…because its so important.
There is no wavering, no second guessing, no pushing it off and one day forgetting about it.
There are lives and eternity at stake in God’s plan…and since we cant see all that is happening all the time, we need to trust Him to put us and lead us to where we are needed.
I guess what I am trying to say is that although everything in me at times wants to just rest and relax and do my own thing in that moment that I am feeling God calling me to do something else, something for His kingdom – I need to get past ME…and realize that His plan is so much bigger than ME. That by ignoring His call, I am missing something He wanted to use me for. and I just need that to be enough to motivate me. Honestly – as of now, it isn’t always enough…but my prayer is that it will be. That God makes that such a part of my life – of all of our lives – that at the very hint of His leading or calling we get excited and jump right up and say “where do you need me, Lord?”
Because the God of the universe is not only willing to use us, but loves us and wants us to be a part of HIS beautiful design.

So yeah…that’s where my heart is right now. So lets stop putting things off and just do them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment