a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Monday, January 31, 2011

never limit God...

This morning I heard a guy on Air1 talking about faith…and he said this “having faith is placing all your hope on the fact that God is going to stay faithful to the promises He’s made”
And I just really loved that. we are trusting Him to come through for us and fulfill all His promises – that He has forgiven us, that He loves us unconditionally, that He will never leave, that He’ll provide, that He will come back for us, and so on, so on.
So many amazing promises.
And we can’t have real faith until we choose once and for all to believe that He means them.
Because until we choose to really believe that – how can we do the crazy things He calls us to? How can we have a REAL relationship with someone who we don’t really trust?
I was listening to Crazy Love by Francis Chan the other day in my car, chapter 9 I think, and he was just telling all these life stories about Christians living POWERFULLY impactful lives by the power of the Holy Spirit – and I was just crying. Crying so much – not because these stories were so sad, but because these people were truly choosing to trust God and to love Him no matter what, and God was coming through. He was/is using them in HUGE ways in the lives of the ppl around them. All because they love Him- fully and truly. And because of that – they trust Him enough to answer when He calls, no matter what its to do. His heart is all that matters to them.
And I just felt His Spirit so deep in my heart – wanting so much to be able to live a life that declares His faithfulness like that. that I can hear His voice and just answer. because I can, because I trust Him. And no other reason.
This weekend one of the speakers (and I have a WHOLE lot to write about this weekend…so this is just a little part) Josh Thurston talked about being alive for Christ.
And one of the things he talked about was the vision that we have for our lives, the vision that God has given us…
And he had us write it down. And said to dream big – because God can and will do it.
So I sat down, along with the students and other leaders (and I have tried to put into words my dream/vision before and I haven’t been able to) but this weekend, God just spoke it. it just became clear.
And its cool. And has the potential to either be very small or VERY big. So I’m choosing to believe Him for as big as He wants to go…
And expecting it.
Out of faith.
Because all my hope is on Him fulfilling His promises…and I know He will.
So stay tuned as it all unfolds…;)

– Hebrews 6:13-20 says…
“When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.” And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.
People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. “


Now – one more thing…God has been using Pastor Steven Furtick to speak to me about a lot of things lately and it has been a HUGE encouragement – so I just want to share his blog post from today.
Never limit God. Never dream small.
http://www.stevenfurtick.com/video-blog/my-thoughts-on-oprah/

and know without a doubt that God is more than capable to and will come through.
So trust Him.

-ALIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment