a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

water

Here is my latest revelation……
So the other day I was reminded of how much I need to drink water. I was at work, then went to the gym after work. I hadn’t really drank any water and didn’t really feel thirsty – so didn’t think much of it. I meant to grab a bottle of water before I left for the gym and forgot…no big deal.
So I get a quick drink from the drinking fountain and then hop on a machine and run for awhile. I get thirsty when I run – but its not terrible…so when I forget water – I just kind of suck it up and get a drink when I’m done.
But here's where the regret kicks in…cuz after I run and am on my way home I get SO thirsty. I mean really really thirsty. And so when I get home I get a drink (or a few) and I get a little less thirsty but I can just feel my body craving water so much. like lots of it.
And I drink water – but every time this happens I just hate it cuz i have way too much water just sitting in my body but i'm still so thirsty...(haha...does this happen to anyone else?) because my body needs more water in that moment than I can physically give it fast enough. So it just stays thirsty until I can get enough water in it. and its just uncomfortable. and it makes it worse knowing that i could have prevented it - by just drinking a little more water!
So here’s my thought…
In my life if I’m digging into God’s Word, praying, constantly looking for Him in my everyday life – its like im drinking water all the time. And so when something comes up – something big or difficult or overwhelming – it might still be tough, and it might still hurt – but I’m gonna bounce back a LOT faster. But if I’m not in the Word daily, not leaning on God and I haven’t been drinking Him in regularly…I’m going to be thirsty. And when the hard times come - I’m going to try to make up for lost time by grabbing for Him and trying to shove in all the “God stuff” I can to prepare myself for what i know is coming – but there’s no way I can learn and soak in ENOUGH of it FAST enough so that it doesn’t hurt for a little while.
Sure it’ll cushion the hard time and God will eventually teach me what I need to know…but the whole time I’ll be thinking –
why didn’t I just do this little by little all along?

Timothy 4:15-16
Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Mark 24:44
So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him

-ALIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment