a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

cause for a revolution

Tonight we spent some time Revolution-ing.  not sure what that means?
translation...planning/working on the drama for Revolution.
we are working on a Story Dance...
and after a few hours tonight...i think its coming together.  but it took a little while to get it feeling right.
there's still a lot left to work on, details to finish, dances to choreograph...
but its God's.  its His message, His heart, His performance...He'll make sure we get it right.
we spent some time talking about what the message of this should be...
and the theme of the night is Revolution, stepping up as a generation to fight for what God has for us, and not just settle for what the world is willing to give.
something that came up is that we need to go out into the world, share what we know of God.
why?
because God says.
why does He tell us to?
because what He has is BETTER.
thats it...He's just BETTER.  SO much better.
God wants us all - every single one to LIVE and live FULL.
i was reading in John 10 tonight and i was just amazed at God's heart in this passage...
i feel like i have read all this before but for whatever reason, its just overwhelming me right now!  
He cares SO much...

So Jesus said again, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that I Myself am the Door for the sheep...
I am the Door; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved (will live). He will come in and he will go out [freely], and will find pasture.  The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy LIFE, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).

I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd risks and lays down His life for the sheep.
But the hired servant (he who merely serves for wages) who is neither the shepherd nor the owner of the sheep, when he sees the wolf coming, deserts the flock and runs away. And the wolf chases and snatches them and scatters [the flock].
Now the hireling flees because he merely serves for wages and is not himself concerned about the sheep [cares nothing for them].
I am the Good Shepherd; and I know and recognize My own, and My own know and recognize Me-
Even as [truly as] the Father knows Me and I also know the Father--and I am giving My [very own] life and laying it down on behalf of the sheep...

No one takes it [my life] away from Me. On the contrary, I lay it down voluntarily. [I put it from Myself.] I am authorized and have power to lay it down (to resign it) and I am authorized and have power to take it back again. These are the instructions (orders) which I have received [as My charge] from My Father

Jesus is not someone who has nothing invested in us, who doesnt care.  He cares.  and instead of running in the other direction when we start to fall - He laid down His life so that we could be safe.
He watches us and He makes sure we use the right paths - so that we can live the best, most fulfilling life possible. not because He's holding anything back - but because the other paths are filled with rocks and wolves.  and they'll hurt.
any other way will kill and destroy us.
Jesus is doing everything He can to get us to just use the door, people!
haha...He's saying - its open, its here, just walk through the door!
and you'll have LIFE until it overflows.

so why do we need to step up and go out into the world to share God's love?
because God said so.
and because living in His plan, following His leading - is the only way to live life the way it was designed to be experienced.
we need to be a part of it and people need to know about it.

and He LOVES us so much.
this MATTERS to Him.
WE matter to Him.
lets be a part of a revolution, friends.  
be a generation to be willing to surrender our fears, submit to God's will and fight for His plan with all the strength and passion He gives us.
there's life that needs to be lived.


-ALIVE

1 comment:

  1. woohooo!! God will work that drama out, he always does! Praise him!

    ReplyDelete