a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Sunday, May 1, 2011

We are blessed!!!


So there's something thats just been on my mind lately!! Felt like I should share it. When I went on the winter retreat to Trout Lake with the youth group, (which was only a youth event, but I got to go cause I was in ALIVE and we were doing some dramas, SUPER happy I was able to go cause it was an amazing weekend! Mark, Steph, and Josh preached it, so good!) and one night I was reading in Matthew, and a verse totally just blew me away...

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.

Matthew 5:10-11

I just loved that so much... Just because in those situations, that seems to be the last thing on my mind I can't say that I've ever been put in a situation where someone has been attacking my faith directly, like insulting me to my face, but I'ver certainly been offended, hurt, and felt outcast before. It's not fun, and I certainly do not feel like I'm blessed. But ever since I have read this, it doesn't phase me... Just knowing that when someone is ridiculing me, insulting me, and making me feel horrible because of my faith in Jesus Christ, that I am BLESSED... It's SO amazing. He's that awesome!!! :D Just gotta love it! Just thought I'd share.

So... just so you know, in my 2D Design- Basic Visual Theory class, my final project is... fun? Haha, I have to design a whole entire deck of cards...And if you were wondering, the answer is yes,Its extremely stressful... and repetitive :) So fun!!!BUT, we have to base our design ideas off an artist,
I chose FIONA RAE, she's an abstract painter from Britain.
Her work = Soup Rod.





Love her style SOOOO MUCH!!!
I'm excited to finish them (my cards)
only one more week left of school for the semester!!
Here we go!!

And here's one of my pieces... just for fun :)


My teacher said it reminded her of Fiona Rae's work,
So it thought it was fitting.

TEAM!!!

Happy sunday, and God bless!

-Austin
-ALIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment