a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Friday, March 18, 2011

bubble gum, bubble gum...stan!

Oh Thursdays…..they are never boring. Haha last night – we spent some time reading/thinking about Mark 10:51 -52. A blind man is crying out to Jesus and Jesus hears, turns, looks at the blind man and asks… “What do you want me to do for you?”
And that question just stuck with me…imagine Jesus not just taking all your problems – but asking you what you want Him to do for you. This man knew what he needed. He was aware of what was holding him back. So when Jesus asks – he’s ready with an answer.
So I was thinking…what if Jesus asked me that? what do I want Him to do for me? what is in my heart that is hindering my ministry? what is in my heart that keeps me from doing what He wants me to? What do I want Him to do for me?
And as I was thinking about this – I realized that Jesus was there, waiting for my answer. like whatever I said, He was ready to listen. and things kept coming to mind – but I would think about them and before I would actually form the statement for Him, He would stop me and tell me that that wasn’t the heart issue. That was the easy fix. And so I spent some time trying to find the heart issues…the things that He wanted – needed – to change in order for me to do His ministry.
And I was just reminded of the power behind asking things of Jesus. Because if we ask, if we really ask from the place deep in our hearts that wants nothing more than to bring God glory – He’ll do it. are we ready for Him to give us what we’re asking?
In the next verse – the man asks Jesus to give Him sight. And Jesus says “go – your faith has healed you.”
Amazing. If we are willing to look inside, willing to find those heart issues holding us back – and then acknowledge them enough to bring them before God and be willing to let Him take them…we will be healed.
And then who knows what will happen from there???
The last part of the verse says “and the man regained his sight and accompanied Jesus on His journey.”
Once we have faith, we can be healed…once we’re healed, we can just join Jesus on His journey – nothing holding us back. Crazy stuff people…but so so so good. and so worth not missing.

So that was devo time. Then we went downstairs and did some arting…:) we busted out the art supplies and played some music and sarah asked some questions to make those creative minds think… and we kind of arted our testimonies. Very cool. We thought about who God is to us. and then a situation God has brought us through. And then a way He is bringing us closer to Him now. And a few people shared…really beautiful stuff. and I don’t think we’ll ever get sick of hearing how God is working in this group…its so so great.

And then we moved to the studio and played some games. First – improv game where they start a scene and then as they go – they have to pick up some words that they haven’t seen before and incorporate the word into what they are doing. It is usually pretty entertaining…haha :)
And then we played another game called Assassin…which apparently is not really a game – because no one wins. Haha but they like it.
And then our time was over, but they wanted to play a little game called hug tag. And I will say – I don’t know that I have ever regretted not having a video camera more…me and sarah were just watching…and dying. So funny. And to choose who was “it” – they put all their feet in the middle and joe played “bubble gum, bubble gum…” I have not heard that in prb 15 yrs. And then they played hug tag…I cant even explain it. its just funny. and instead of just having the standard "it"...we called that person "stan". why? not sure...

So another night of ALIVE…we’re taking advantage of this little break in between things, but we’ll have to start working again – we have a few new fun ideas…;) and we also started working on a new Project this week! So fun…its looking really cool so far.

Hope you are all having a good week!!! :)

-ALIVE

1 comment: