a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Friday, March 11, 2011

Ravaged...part 2

So like you saw in the last post – we’ve been a little busy! Haha…but its been so good (crazy and tiring) but so good. and SO worth it!!!
I don’t have a video of the No More drama – yet…but I do have a video of the one from Sunday morning...it is called Ravaged and you can watch it in the post below!
God totally gave us this script –starting with an idea from Erika and sitting down to write the script and recording it and working with part of the team to fine-tune it all…God just used so many ppl and gifts to put it all together and it turned out really well.
I think I wrote about it a little in an earlier post – but just to recap, the theme of the sermon was Ravaged…and how we let other people’s mistakes and bad choices rule over our lives.
And in this drama (but there are SO many different ways this happens in our lives) the girl was hurt by a friend. and she just can’t let it go. So we decide the solution (and we all do it…not in these literal ways probably…but we do it) is to just not think about the person – so we close off our minds. And we also won’t talk to them – to protect them of course…(?) – and we cut off our ability to share the Word or encourage. And then we decide its too hard to look at them and not get angry – so to prevent getting angrier and making God look bad…we decide we won’t see them. But that’s harder than just not seeing them, right? it means we can’t go where they are, we can’t do the things they're doing…EVEN if God is calling us to. And so on, so on. We TRAP ourselves and get so bound up – for our “protection”. So that we don’t get angry or say mean things or hurt anyone…but we end up making ourselves USELESS for God’s kingdom. How can we do anything for Him if we are limiting everything we are willing to do?
“sure, God – I’ll love people! Ooh…well actually I’ll love those ppl over here, because she’s over there and I just don’t want to think about that…”
i dont think that's what He had in mind…? and the only way to get past that and be free is if we FORGIVE. And LET GO. We need to…its so hard. SO hard. I had to let go of a lot of anger at one point in my life- it was absolutely what was holding me back from God…I didn’t think it would ever be possible but I prayed. One day I finally REALLY prayed that He would take it away…(not just a “ok, take it God” and then play tug’o’war with Him while He tries to take it but I still cling to it…yeah...not helpful) and I just remember the next time I had to face the situation that always stirred up this really crazy anger in me – it was gone. And I was AMAZED.
He totally changed my heart.
And it was SO freeing!!!!!!! We were SO not meant to be tied up. it does take a conscious decision not to let it back in my life – but its possible! so lets take off the chains, the handcuffs, the blindfold, and rip off that duct tape…it might hurt and it might be difficult – but think of all the things you can do and hear from God when you’re not hindered at all…
He is not thinking small when it comes to your life, so I absolutely believe that the small area of space around you you can reach while bound up is not the extent of what He is calling you to…
I don’t know what He’s calling us all to – but we’ll never know unless we get rid of all the stuff…

-ALIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment