a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Psalm 30

After 2 weeks of not seeing the ALIVE team (we gave them thanksgiving day off) we are having a half meeting tonight. Haha…practicing for an upcoming drama that we might be doing at the Chestnuts, Carols, and a Big Band service at edinbrook church. I’m excited to have ALIVE tonight, it feels like its been forever and its just weird when we don’t have it for awhile. But we’ll only be seeing about half the people, so not quite back to normal yet…
But so much stuff coming up for us – really exciting, but it’s a lot. I love when it gets this way though…every opportunity that we get to put something together is another opportunity for God to step in and show us how creative He is.
I have been reading through the Psalms lately because, well, I never have. So anyways – I just read Psalm 30 and I just really loved it.
It says – “I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me. O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.”
And I LOVE that – as it pertains to ALIVE mostly…in this team – while in Argentina, I asked – begged – for help, begged Him to give me something, to show me His power, to use me, in a big way, however He wanted.
Haha…so He said, go home, put a team together, help them see the gifts I have given them and give them an outlet to use them. Ha – I said…huh? Haha…but then I realized that I just had to follow Him, trust Him. And with motivation and courage I know had to come from Him (I am the ultimate person to have an idea and just never actually do it), He gave me Sarah – after putting the same vision on her heart at the same time – to actually get me to do it and not just talk about it. She is definitely the doer of the team – SO grateful for her and her heart.
But its so amazing how we don’t see our HUGE prayers answered. We get so caught up in it – we forget to look and see that we asked for help, I ask these huge, broad things like – use me…use me to spread your word – and then all of a sudden I’m in the middle of this crazy thing of 20 students who love art with these great personalities and amazing gifts of ALL different types and I am just so overwhelmed because opportunities pop up and doors open and ideas come and He just takes care of it, and I don’t even acknowledge that He answered my prayer exactly. And THAT is an incredibly overwhelming thing… And the line of the psalm that says – “for you have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me”…yeah – it gets hard, and yeah, sometimes its frustrating, but the fact of the matter is that we have NOT been overcome…we have not failed…we are still standing. I tend to look at “close calls” and focus on doing all I can to make sure I don’t fall…that I don’t see all the times I SHOULD have failed…but didn’t. Cuz God was there…doing exactly what He promised. We wont always have a tangible safety net or a back up plan…but we will never fall, as long as we are seeking God. God is always there. And no matter how hard that is to believe…He hasn’t failed me yet. And until He does…I have no choice but to keep trusting, keep going on with this group, keep seeing what else He wants to do…

1 comment:

  1. Your heart is beautiful, Jillian!
    I love this. What a step of obedience in starting Alive... so fun to look at all the Lord HAS done and will CONTINUE to do!

    ReplyDelete