a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Thursday, December 17, 2009

something big...

Oh man...so love that that video (below) is on here. That was our very first thing that we ever did. its so funny cuz it made me think of sarah and i starting all this and one time sitting in my basement, going through songs, knowing what we wanted to do, just trying to find a song to match it. and kutless's "run" won. so crazy to look back at that.
before we were ALIVE, before we knew if anyone would actually be a part of it...just following God's voice. haha...so fun though.
this past week has been crazy for me. I am at a place in life where i am just waiting. waiting on God to tell me what comes next. while i have a good job, and love spending time on the team...i do not love telling people...no, im not in school, no i dont know what im doing with my life...just waiting on God. :) but thats a pride thing. I know what God has asked of me...and i am just waiting. but recently He has given me some direction...to take classes. to learn more. So i signed up for a photography class. I am really feeling like God wants me to be equipped for whatever is coming. He has also given sarah and i a vision for the future of ALIVE...the near future...but i won't say what it is, cuz details are being worked out and we haven't talked to the team yet ;) soon, hopefully...but its so great cuz i feel like God has just been confirming over and over for me that this team is going to keep growing, and that He has big plans for it.
I am really excited to see what is coming...i know what i can imagine, but God's plans are so much bigger and better.

1 Corinthians 2:9...no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those that love him...

i LOVE that. it is so true. like i said in an earlier post...i could have planned out my future...thought of all the things i wanted to happen...and God said...ok...that could work...but how about you let me try...see which you like better. So i let Him work, and its absolutely beautiful how well He knows my heart. what i really need and want.
there's a song by john waller...called "something big".
one of my favorites...

"It's time to dream big dreams. To see Your vision become reality.
‘Cause it’s for You, by You, those who Love You-
wanna do Something, so big, It’s destined to fail without You, Lord
It’s gonna fail without You, Lord
Something so great, It takes a miracle to do
We, Your children Wanna do something BIG for You.

that is my prayer. that this team doesn't settle for good. or even great by human standards. but that we shoot for something BIG. something so big, that only God can do it. to give people an opportunity they might not otherwise have to be impacted by God in a crazy powerful way.
I remember one day i was standing on the beach in Mar del Plata, Argentina (the ocean is me and God's date spot ;) ) but i just remember hearing him say..."what do you want? if you could do anything, what would you want? tell me..." and i just really felt these huge things come to mind, that i know came from Him - for a team and for missions and just a lot of stuff...and i told Him...reluctantly - because i couldnt help think - who am i to think I could be able to do all this? - but God wanted honesty. He wanted me to really say what was on my heart, trust Him with it. it was just a crazy powerful time...and then when i finished...i just felt Him say..."ok...its yours." and it was just this amazing thing...and since i have come back to the U.S...He has started to give me those desires that were on my heart that day. and i can just see Him answer prayers and its just so crazy to really know that God is moving, and God is real...
my prayer for this team is that we ask God for the big things. give him free reign...and really ask Him what He wants. because when we ask for what WE want...we miss out. His plans are SO much bigger and greater and so much more powerful...so it is so important that we ask Him to share His heart with us. that we find out what He wants of us, and allow Him to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment