a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

oh taste and see that the Lord is GOOD!

i just want to post a quick reminder that God is good.
so good.
:)
and He does hear our prayers.
you know those prayers, those quick prayers you say at the beginning of your day like "use me somehow" or "help me bless others today" - things like that? and mean them at the time but as your day goes on, you just kind of forget about them?
well i did that today...i asked God to make me a light for Him today.
and kind of only half-heartedly thought anything would happen... (i dont know why...)
and i think He likes to take those "little" prayers and then surprise us with a big answer so that we know how closely He is paying attention...:)
and then we can just smile because He really is there every second of every day!
and also know that our prayers really do make a difference...He is listening for them!!!

anyways...He's just making me smile today and i just wanted to share that.
so be encouraged that every prayer you say is being heard! and God is paying such close attention to what is on your heart - both good and bad.

i just want to share one more thing - its from Psalm 34...(ps i changed some of the pronouns so its written from a girl's (my) perspective)

let my life boast in the Lord. let the hurting hear and be glad- magnify the Lord with me! and let us exalt his name together! I sought the Lord-and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears…This poor girl cried, and the Lord heard her and saved her out of all her worries. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and delivers them.
Oh taste and see that the LORD is GOOD!

i LOVE this passage! so so true! so lets celebrate and magnify the Lord together! and taste and see for ourselves how good the Lord is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment