a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Friday, August 6, 2010

Psalm 91

Last night half of the team was out of town, but the other half of the team that hasn’t been there was…so it was fun to see everyone else! We took Psalm 91 and had the team read through it.
We then had them take some time and create a visual for the psalm/a part of the psalm using whatever type of art they wanted/whatever type of art they feel most comfortable with.
So either “arting” or creating a drama or writing a song or whatever.
It’s a really cool psalm that was really brought to life for me not that long ago – during a time of some tough spiritual warfare, and its such a cool message of comfort. And just a declaration that God will protect us. Nothing can touch us if He’s with us.
It says that he will call up his angels and make it so that not even a stone will strike our feet, let alone all the other things that could go wrong. powerful stuff!
And at the end of the psalm it says –

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."


All He wants to know is that we love Him. He wants us to love Him, to call on Him for help…and He will be there. And i love when He says “I will show him my salvation.” AMEN to that, people! if there is one thing I want Him to show me, its is His salvation! The amazing cleansing, purifying, life-giving, transforming salvation that only He can offer.

This week God has really just been bringing my desire to do art back to life. its been awhile – my focus has been being a leader and so I just haven’t taken the time to do my own thing, but Gods telling me to start creating again…and it feels GOOD. Yesterday I got to church early, went to the dungeon, got out my supplies and my ipod and just sat and turned the music way up and started drawing.
God’s been putting the times I’ve spent in the presence of His Spirit into images over the past few weeks and so I am working on drawing them up. Its so cool to spend time just focusing on what it feels like to be in His spirit…whether it’s standing in the pouring down of the Spirit like being drenched with rain or if its just wrapped up so tight in an amazing, comforting hug when He’s speaking something overwhelming into me, or being filled with the exhilarating fire of His passion – its all just so HIM. We’ll never be able to experience the fullness of His character, but it is definitely a blessing to catch the glimpses and experiences now and then.
so that is my personal new project that I am praying and working through…I forgot how easy and incredible it is to put on music, and just get lost in a drawing for hours. I missed it. :) so its good to be back! God definitely knows His children!!!
So make sure you are listening for God’s leading! because He wants to answer you and honor you. He knows His children… and He wants to bless them.



No comments:

Post a Comment