a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Monday, August 30, 2010

psalm 81...

Tonight…a backdrop will be created.
We have some people coming to work on and finish it! :) might be a little over-ambitious…but this is a crazy week so theres not a ton of time, and God can do whatever He wants. So today I am declaring and believing that God has the ability to finish it fast, to bring the body together on this using each of our uniquely God given gifts to their full advantage and to take our breath away with His awe-inspiring creativity.
(I decided I want to start to write more like Asaph…:) just loving words right now)

So keep us in your prayers tonight and be ready to see and be amazed by what God can do with some space, paper, paint, a few of His willing children, and a few hours. :)

Im excited…
:)

I have been reading through psalms some more…and reading in psalm 81 this part stuck with me…
this is more from Asaph…im telling you – these images are powerful! get ready to be inspired…If Asaph was alive today – I would totally go to his concerts…definitely an incredible artist.
But pay attention to the emotion behind these words – pay attention to what God must be feeling as the words come out…they are SOOOO much more than just words…
He says,
"I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket.
In your distress you called and I rescued you, I answered you out of a thundercloud; I tested you at the waters of Meribah.
"Hear, O my people, and I will warn you—
if you would but listen to me, O Israel!

I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt.
Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.
"But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me.
So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices.
"If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways,
how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!

He wants to help so badly…He wants to subdue our enemies and lift the burden and He’s so ready…and the line where He says “hear o my people!” He is just wanting us to hear Him…He says “I rescued you, I heard you cry, I wiped your tears and saw that you were weighted down so I took your burden and I just want to keep you safe…I just want to be so close to you…and share that incredible relief you should be feeling…why wont you listen? Why do you walk away?”
It like makes me want to cry! Gods heart is so beautiful…who loves that deeply??? That unconditionally???
And my other favorite part is when he says “open your mouth wide and I will fill it”.
All we have to do is open our mouth wide and He will fill…(notice the word) FILL it with His love, His blessings, His security, etc etc etc. and He doesn’t just say – hey, let me pour some of this in…
No…He prepares you – open your mouth WIDE cuz your gonna want all you can possibly get of what is about to come…

So I know I have rambled ON AND ON…so I will just leave us with this…
Lets open our mouths WIDE ppl…He has blessings He is ready to pour out and He will give us as much as we are expecting of Him…
So I will encourage us – lets EXPECT big things of Him...and never be satisfied with just enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment