a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Sunday, May 2, 2010

private worship?

what is worship? like i said in the last post we have been looking at worshiping privately. and in my small group we talked about it and what that means...
and something that God has just been laying on my heart is that He has given us all gifts, He has given us all passions, things that bring us joy and put us at peace...and He calls us to use that as worship to Him.
whether it be music or writing or painting or speaking or dancing or playing a sport or whatever...anything can be used as worship. to praise Him, to make Him look good...
for me...even though i dont do it as much as i want - i can ALWAYS find God while creating something and using my hands. whether it be drawing or painting or whatever...i can always find God there. or just sitting by water...as long as i can hear it...:) i find God there. its the places where nothing else exists, nothing else matters - its just me and God. its in the things that i would not have if God didnt give them to me...i dont have an ocean - but God brings me to them. i dont have artistic talent - but God creates through me. and its so amazing to think - He creates us to love these certain things...and then He provides time, place, and ability to find Him in them. because He knows that is where we feel Him and know Him more...its just you and Him. its quality time with Him. isnt that amazing? how personal He is? how He wants us to know Him and He wants us to find joy in it???
when i realized that God not only put a love for the ocean in me...and not only met me every time i was sitting by it...but that He brought me to it - many times, when i most needed Him...so that i could meet with Him in that special way.........i was in awe. more than in awe. it was one of the first times i realized how personal God is...and how only He can fill me with the unfathomable peace and joy that He has.
amazing.
so private worship? let God show you what that means. it is different for everyone...and there is most likely more than one way you will find joy in worshiping Him...but ask Him to show you, ask Him to teach you how...and He will. i will not pretend to understand it all...but this is what He has shown me so far...and i am SO excited to keep learning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment