a team of young people learning what it means to have gifts from God to use for His glory…and how powerful they are when we step back and let Him use them…

Thursday, May 20, 2010

something beautiful

here are some song lyrics that just put a smile on my face today...
its been crazy figuring out - will we go to mexico? is this God's calling? are we crazy? should we be doing this? etc etc etc... haha God has blessed us with a peace in all of it, but it gets tiring...:) good thing we are never ALONE!
but just yesterday i found an article that really just lifted my spirits about mexico. just finally reading one that wasnt filled with fear, so it was just kind of a breath of fresh air. i know it is dangerous, i know its unpredictable, but i also know He is calling us there. i guess its just good to get a glimpse through the tangles of the hope that God does actually know what He is doing and He will care for us. and then i heard the song below, and i heard another song called "something beautiful" and they both just talk about getting past the danger, the fear and trusting...walking into it with faith...and then being able to wait with expectation for the beautiful. i am on my knees, in awe of His faithfulness and sovreignty yet again...humbled that He would take the time to teach and prepare and refine...just waiting for something beautiful :)

these are lyrics from the song "the God i know" by Me in Motion

I was quick to anger and my love was slow
Tried to keep from danger to protect my soul
Afraid to let a neighbor in my home
Afraid to become just like the God I know

I Walked on water, sank when I looked back
I forgot that faith is not a matter of fact
Jesus showed me something different

There is one thing I know for sure
I can’t let fear hide my faith anymore
That’s not the God I know

He touched my eyes and I can finally see
That love is a dangerous philosophy
You and me have been hurt before
But that doesn't mean we keep closing the door

Complacency can be the worst disease
The cure is here, believe the mystery
That Jesus' love is so much different

Love's like a fire, let it burn
And don't ever let it out
Let ‘em know what it's all about
So give whatchu got and you'll find
When we're livin’ dangerous
All of us, can change this town
That's not the God I know

No comments:

Post a Comment